Today I am showing you a very simple Chicken Hong Sue with no complicated steps. This recipe is mainly for bachelors who is staying away from home.
This is one which my mother usually prepare for us. We all like her Hong Sue, so I thought of sharing that recipe to you all.
My mother usually prepare Hong Sue by making rice and chicken curry separately and then mix all them together.
Other make Hong Sue by cooking rice and chicken together. The first method is some what easier for me. he he..You can make this for any occasion such as birthday party, Christmas etc.
So try it out and let me know what you think about.
Chicken Hong Sue Recipe
- Serves 2-3
- Prep time 30 minutes
- Cook time 1 hour
- Total time 1 hour, 30 minutes
- Meal type Lunch
- Occasion Birthday Party
Ingredients For Chicken Hong Sue Recipe
- Water (as needed)
- Salt (to taste)
- Oil (as needed)
- 2 medium Onion (thinly sliced)
- 1/2 cup Cashew nuts and Raisins
- 1 1/2 cup Basmati rice
- 1/4 cup Spice mix (cardomon, cinnamon, cloves, fennel)
Chicken curry preparation
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic and ginger paste
- 2 large Onion (finely chopped)
- 4-5 medium Green chillies
- 1/4 cup Curry leaves
- 4 teaspoons Red chili powder
- 2 teaspoons Coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Pepper powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Garam masala
- 2 medium Tomato
- 1/2kg Chicken
Directions For Chicken Hong Sue Recipe
- Heat some oil or ghee in a pan, add the thinly sliced onion into it. Fry till it turns golden brown.
- In the same pan and cashew nuts and raisins and shallow fry it. Seasoning is ready and keep it aside.
- In a vessel take 3-4 cups of water and add the spice mix into it.
- When water boils, add the washed rice and salt into it and stir it well.
- When the rice is cooked, add a teaspoon of oil into it. Stir for a minute and drain the water and keep the rice aside.
- Heat some oil in another pan and add the ginger garlic paste into it. Stir until it turns golden brown.
- Now add the chopped onions, green chillies, curry leaves into the pan and saute well.
- When onion becomes transparent, add all the spice powders under the category chicken curry preparation into the pan and saute until its raw smell disappears.
- Then add the tomatoes and salt, cook until it becomes a smooth paste.
- Now add the chicken pieces and mix it well with masalas. Cover it with a lid and cook until water ooze out of chicken.
- Now remove the lid and cook till the chicken is cook well. If water is required add hot water.
- Take a large bowl for the mixing rice and chicken. First add a portion of rice into the bowl.
- Then add a portion of the prepared seasoning into it.
- Then add a portion of the chicken curry on top of it. Repeat the step 12, 13, 14 until all the rice and chicken are done.
- Cover it with a tight lid and keep for 10-15 minute and serve it.
- When frying the onion for seasoning, do not over fry it, it will taste bad.
- When preparing chicken curry do not make it dry.
- While preparing rice add some oil it when the rice is cooked, so that you can stickiness.