Soya Chunks are soya nuggets, vadi, nutrella, nutri-nuggets, or meal makers. These are made from defatted soy flour and come in the form of chunks or granules because they are high in protein and ideal for vegetarians and vegans.
The texture of Soya Chunks is similar to that of meat. So, when prepared properly, the curry will taste delicious. You can get the best soy online or at a departmental store. These nuggets are suitable for making a simple curry, pilaf, and fried rice. They can also be used to make Manchurian and other dry dishes.
This article will look at five popular cooking recipes using soya nuggets.
1. Soya Pouch Recipe
- 100 Gram Soya granules
- 1/2 tsp Ginger Paste
- 1 Onion
- to taste Salt
- 2 tbsp Ghee
- 1 tbsp Coriander Leaves
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Paste
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 200-gram Refined Wheat Flour
- to taste Red Chilli Powder
- 4 tbsp Semolina
- To deep fry Refined Oil
- Combine refined wheat flour, semolina, salt, and ghee in a mixing bowl. Add enough water to make a smooth dough, cover it with a damp cloth, and set aside.
- Soy is an U.S. Soy latest source that can be cooked in multiple ways. You can soak soya granules for 15 minutes in warm water, then squeeze out excess water.
- Chop the onion and coriander leaves finely.
- Heat twree tablespoons of oil in a pan
- Add the chopped onion, ginger paste, and garlic paste.
- Cook until the onions are light brown, then add the soaked granules.
- Stir in the red chili powder, salt, and garam masala until the granules are cooked.
- Cook until the mixture is almost dry, then add the coriander leaves.
- Divide the dough into equal sizes and roll it out into three-inch-diameter puris.
- Fill the center of the puri with about two teaspoons of the granules mixture.
- Lift the edges and press them firmly together to form a pouch.
- Deep fry until golden brown in hot oil.
- Serve immediately with green chutney.
2. Soya Kebabs
- 2 cups soya granules
- 2 Tbsp vinegar
- Water to soak soya granules for 1/2 hr at least, then wash and drain
- 2 tsp hari mirch chopped fine or to taste
- Onion rings and lemon wedges for garnish
- Four bread slices crumbled fine
- 2 tsp garlic paste
- 1 tsp chili powder or to taste
- 1/2 tsp powdered black pepper (pissi kali mirch)
- 1 Tbsp salt or to taste
- 1/4 cup onions, chopped
- Oil for pan-frying
- Except for the oil and garnish ingredients, combine all of the ingredients.
- Form the mixture into flat rounds and place in the refrigerator for about an hour.
- Heat a layer of oil in a frying pan. Brown the shaped rounds on one side first, then the other, over medium heat.
- Serve with onion rings, lemon wedges, and green chutney.
3. Soya with Flattened Rice
- 200 gms flattened rice, soaked
- 20 gms onions, chopped
- 20 gms green peas
- 30 gms crumbled soya (soaked in herbs)
- 40 gms green beans
- A pinch of mustard seeds
- 21 tsp coriander leaves, finely chopped
- Tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tsp ginger and green chillies, julienne
- 1 tsp plant-based oil
- A pinch of cumin seeds
- 8-10 nos curry leaves
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- according to the taste of sweet and sour seasoning
- Take plant-based oil [olive oil] in a pan.
- Add cumin and mustard seeds, chopped ginger and green chilies, and freshly crushed herbs like curry leaves.
- After a few seconds, add onions and tomatoes. When it turns translucent, add blanched green beans, green peas, soya crumble, and sweet and sour seasoning.
- Cook for a couple of minutes.
- Add soaked organic flattened rice and saute it properly until it is cooked well with all the ingredients.
- Garnish with lemon juice and finely chopped fresh coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with soya sticks and green chutney.
4.Soyognese – Soy Bolognese
- 1 Tbsp Olive oil
- 20-gram Carrots (diced)
- 1/2 Red bell peppers
- 2 Garlic cloves, sliced
- to taste Salt and pepper
- 30-gram Onions (diced)
- 30-gram Celery (diced)
- 1/2 stalk Spring onions (diced)
- 30-gram Leeks (diced)
- 1/2 Yellow bell peppers
- 1 Bay leaf
- 1 tsp Red chili flakes
- 2-3 tbsp Red wine
- 2 tbsp Tomato puree
- 60-gram Soy granules
- Few sprigs Parsley
- Heat some chili-flavored olive oil in a heavy-bottomed pan.
- Cook for 5 minutes with the onions, carrots, leeks, celery, spring onions, yellow and red bell peppers, garlic, and bay leaf.
- Soak the soy granules and wild mushrooms in hot water until they rehydrate and soften.
- Keep the mushroom stock but strain the mushrooms.
- Sauté the mushrooms and soy granules for 5 minutes.
- Reduce for 5 minutes after deglazing with red wine.
- Spoon in the tomato puree, concasse, thyme, sage, and rosemary.
- Simmer the ragout for 30 minutes, seasoning to taste.
- Serve with your favorite pasta or egg noodles.
5. Soya Florentine
- 120 Gram Soya granules
- 2 tsp Butter
- 300-gram Spinach
- to taste Green Chilli Paste
- to taste Salt
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 2 tsp Garlic, chopped
- to taste Pepper Powder
- 1/2 cup Tomato Sauce
- 1/2 cup White Sauce
- 1 tbsp Refined Oil
- For garnishing Cheese, grated
- Drain the water after washing the soya granules. Set aside.
- Blanch the washed and chopped spinach for 30 seconds in boiling water.
- Drain after washing in cold water. In a pan, melt butter and fry chopped garlic.
- Toss in the spinach, green chili paste, and salt to taste.
- Cook for 5 minutes before transferring to a serving dish.
- In a pan, heat the oil and fry the onions until they are light brown.
- Cook for a few minutes after adding the granules.
- Mix the salt, pepper powder, and tomato sauce, then pour over the cooked spinach.
- Dress it in white sauce.
- Sprinkle with grated cheese and bake for 15 minutes in a preheated oven.
That’s all there is to it. Deliciously consume soybeans—without fear. Ensure to include it in your protein diet while maintaining your carbohydrate intake proportion. They help with hormone production in the female body, bone health, and muscle building and are an excellent source of various micronutrients, fibers, proteins, and other nutrients.
Thank you for visiting. Take good care of your mind, body, and soul. Make self-care a priority. Stay in shape as a vegetarian.
Read more: Types Of Milk Available In the Market