Happy Monday everybody. Did you have a good first day of the week? I didn’t. I’m tired and grumpy and wishing it was Friday once again.
But that’s the Monday blues for you. I get them every week.
What didn’t help today was that I’ve set myself an eating challenge.
I’m calling it the ‘no fun’ diet, but it essentially follows Paleo rules. No dairy, refined sugars, caffeine, carbs, alcohol, no fun.
I’ve read so much about people following a Paleo diet and feeling energised from there amazing diet. As someone who has eaten crap since Christmas, I thought it was time to give it a go.
It’s just for a week and in no way do I intend to follow a paleo lifestyle. If you want to do it, good for you, but I love food to much and you can enjoy things in moderation.
So in a weeks time, we’ll see how I feel. Boy do I hope it’s energised and full of life and not hungry and bitchy. Today it’s hungry and bitchy.
I had a smoothie for breakfast, a smoothie and some fruit for lunch and some roasted carrots and fruit and veg for dinner.
I wish I’d had the time or the energy to make soup tonight instead of roasted carrots. It just wasn’t satisfying.
This soup though, this soup was fragrant and warming, full of flavours a spice. Oh so delicious.
More recipe: Chicken Capsicum
Seafood Curry Recipe
- 300g mussels cleaned
- 400g green prawns, peeled
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 white onion (finely chopped)
- 3 small cloves garlic (crushed)
- 3 tbsp red thai curry paste (more or less depending on tast)
- 1 large sweet potato (peeled and chopped into 1 inch cubes)
- 3 medium carrots (diced)
- 200g red lentils
- 750ml – 1 litre vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp chilli flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a large heavy bottomed pan.
- Cook the onion over a medium heat until softened, stirring occasionally, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add the garlic and the curry paste and cook for another 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the carrots, sweet potato, 750ml stock and lentils as well as the chilli flakes and salt and pepper.
- Cover and simmer over a low/medium heat for 20-25 minutes until the lentils and vegetables are soft.
- Add mussels, and shrimp. Cook for 2 minutes. Stir until all ingredients are coated with coconut milk. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add more stock if desired and blend with a stick blender until smooth.
- Serve topped with coriander and chilli flakes.