Small rice cookers have become quite common in households, but when it comes to best small rice cooker there are quite a few things to consider before buying one.
While precision cooking and quality of cooked rice has been the number 1 concern, cooks and chefs tend to look for ease-of-use and durability of the utensil as well.
To add to that, modern-day rice cookers always have something to amaze you.
For example, some top rated small rice cookers can differentiate between white rice and brown rice, and they cook them at different temperatures.
Then you have options to cook your rice according to your likings. Well, there are quite a lot of features to discuss.
So, we suggest you read further and take a look at some of the best small rice cookers 2023 we found out for you.
Our Top 3 Picks For The Best Rice Cooker
#1 Zojirushi NS-TSC10 5-1/2-Cup (Uncooked) Micom Rice Cooker
#2 Zojirushi NS-LAC05XT Micom 3-Cup Rice Cooker and Warmer
#5 VitaClay VF7700-6 Chef Gourmet 6-Cup Rice and Slow Cooker
Small rice cookers aren’t just the tools for preparing your rice. They have advanced and have taken a lot more responsibilities than you can imagine.
From basic to most advanced models, rice cookers can be categorized into 5 major types.
- Basic rice cooker models have simple on/off switch. They don’t have fancy design and the best thing about them is, they switch of automatically when the rice are done. Basic rice cooker models are certainly the cheapest.
- If you can spend in excess of $40 to $70, you can choose top rated rice cookers with keep-warm feature. This feature gives you a liberty to keep any type of food warm for hours. Normally, they have steamer tray and nonstick pans.
- If you’re going for high-budget models in excess of $100, then there are lots of digital models in the market. Rice cookers with digital controls have transitional designs, and they can keep your food warm for up to 12-hours or so. There may be other features as well, depending upon the make and model.
- Fuzzy Logic Technology takes rice cooker into the new generation. It gives added advantage and increases its ability to prepare soup, brown rice, and allows you to prepare your rice according to your favorite texture. Rice cookers with fuzzy logic technology are high on demand these days, but they come expensive.
- Induction heating is the latest advancement in rice cookers. It literally liberates you from doing anything other than pouring a bowl of rice into your cooker. There is no need to measure the quantity of rice or water level. This technology makes your rice cooker smart enough to adapt to the given situation, and prepare the best rice
Top Small Rice Cooker Brands
The manufacturer that makes the best small rice cooker is Zojirushi. They have a long history of making exceptional products.
Another manufacturer that makes high-quality rice cookers is Instant Pot, they tend to make easy to use products that will help you enjoy delicious rice with little effort.
Tiger, Cuisinart, and VitaClay are also some top-rated rice cooker brands that will help you enjoy your rice rather than slave over your meals.
Finally, Aroma small rice cooker reviews note that these rice cookers are exceptionally well-suited to the modern kitchen, and you should be able to enjoy delicious rice with minimal effort.
Whether you’re looking for the best Zojirushi rice cooker, the best stainless steel rice cooker or the best brown rice cooker, the best-rated rice cooker will help you achieve your goals and make amazing rice in a matter of minutes.
No more burning your rice and turning your dish into a chewy mess. Rice is one of the harder foods to get just right, but a rice cooker will go a long way toward simplifying the process.
We provide reviews of individual small rice steamers and cookers below. But, if you are short on time, use the handy chart below to see our recommended top small rice cookers.
Fuzzy Logic Cookers: Is Fuzzy Logic Worth It?
When it comes to the best small rice cooker, people often hear the name fuzzy logic thrown around. Fuzzy logic isn’t a brand name, but a type of rice cooker.
They use a computer chip to control the cooking time and temperature. This gives the rice a better overall consistency because the rice cooker is designed to make “decisions” based on how the rice is cooking.
Many of the rice cooker reviews available will not that rice cookers that use fuzzy logic are the small rice cookers. Even the mini rice cooker can be improved with the addition of fuzzy logic circuitry.
Most of the top-rated rice cookers will include fuzzy logic technology. If you care about your rice being cooked perfectly each time, then you’ll love the addition of fuzzy logic.
It makes the entire process of cooking rice much simpler.
Safety and Maintenance Tips for Small Rice Cooker
Even the mini rice cooker isn’t perfect all of the time. Since rice cookers are so commonly used unattended, there are various safety mechanisms in place to ensure the device is safe to use.
Each small rice cooker is different, so it’s important you read the owner’s manual.
Some basic safety precautions include learning where the hot surfaces of the product are and avoiding contact with those surfaces during and after operation.
You should also always place your rice cooker on a stable and even surface.
When cleaning your rice cooker, avoid submerging it in water or placing it in the dishwasher. Even the pans, trays and utensils that come with your rice cooker should be washed by hand unless noted otherwise.
The device should always be unplugged when not in use. Not only will this protect you from it accidentally getting turned on, but you’ll be able to ensure that phantom power isn’t drawn from the device and increasing your power bill.
Never put your hand or face near the device while it’s on. It may be tempting to smell that rice, but steam can burn effectively and quickly.
It’s also not recommended to use a small rice cooker outside unless it is specifically designed to be used in that manner.
The now small rice cooker reviews compared to the previous models are better, more flexible, and convenient.
The conception of using the mini rice cooker to cook rice is too old. In fact, you can always utilize it one more recipe. It can say that the housework is never simple like that.
Certainly, the most household should own at least one. Cooking of the housewives will become more gentle and easier.
The family will get a delicious meal. Those busy who will be able to limit eating outside. What a great the best small rice cooker.
Here are few tips to buy rice cookers online.
- Always check online for availability of the rice cooker you wanted to buy. There are plenty of online shopping stores, but we recommend Amazon.com for safe and trouble-free shopping.
- Don’t forget to go through customer reviews below the product details, as customers who have used the utensil can best describe its pros and cons.
- If you have no time to go through specs and customer reviews, go through expert’s reviews, just like this one, in which different models have been compared and their strengths and weaknesses have been highlighted properly, to help you make the best decision.
- Always verify price and warranty at manufacturer’s website. Conditions for warranty may change with time. Moreover, see that that item is refundable, or if it’s broken parts can be replaced.
- After removing your concerns, click on the Purchase button.