Why do bananas wear sun lotion? Because they peel!
Awful right? I love bananas. I’m always the one that orders Banana. Banana milkshake, banana ice cream, banana yoghurt, name something that can be banana flavoured and I want it.
But not artificial banana, that horrible over sweet flavouring which you can only tell is banana because it’s on the label. No, it has to be real banana.
I love banana bread and banana cake, but my favourite way to use banana has to be in muffins. They are so versatile and you can add in whatever you like.
Recently i’ve added peanut butter and butterscotch and both have produced excellent muffins, but I think these have to be my favourite!
Who can say no to the classic Banana Nutella Muffins combination. It’s my favourite sandwich filling, my favourite pancake filling and my favourite oatmeal topping. Now it’s in handy little banana and Nutella muffins and it’s delicious!
I’ve seen lots of recipes that swirl Nutella onto the top of muffins, but these have Nutella mixed into the muffin batter and then layered between plain banana batter. So not only are they tasty, but they look pretty cool too!
Got some bananas looking sad and going a little brown? Banana Nutella Muffins are your answer!
Banana Nutella Muffins Recipe
Ingredients For Banana Nutella Muffins Recipe
- 3 very ripe bananas
- 125 ml vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 250 grams plain flour
- 100 grams caster sugar
- ½ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 4tbsp nutella
Instructions For Banana Nutella Muffins Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 200°C and line a 12 hole muffin tin with muffin cases.
- Mash the bananas and set aside.
- Pour the oil into a jug and beat in the eggs.
- Put the flour, sugar, bicarbonate of soda and baking powder into a large bowl and mix in the beaten egg and oil mixture, followed by the mashed bananas.
- Split the mixture between two bowls, to one of them add the 4tbsp of Nutella and mix until just combined.
- Layer the nutella batter and the plain batter in the muffins cases until each are 3/4 full.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until golden and firm.
- Transfer to a wire cooling rack.
Read more: Fougasse Bread Recipe