Using recipes to make homemade meals can save you a lot of money. If you calculate the amount of money that you usually spend to buy processed foods or eat at restaurants, you will find that it is a lot compared to what you will spend when you start eating at home.
Besides, you will be sure that you are eating healthy when you start cooking at home. This is because you will have total control of the ingredients that goes into the foods that you eat. When you eat at restaurants, you have no option but to eat what is available regardless of the ingredients that have been used to prepare the meals.
If you are so excited about cooking at home and want to start right away, this almond and cherry blondies recipe for #sundaysupper will be perfect for you.
Almond and Cherry Blondies
This is a really nice dessert to go with Sunday supper. The blondies are a chewy and heavenly. You and your family will definitely enjoy them.
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- Cooking Time: 45 minutes
- Servings: 15
- 3/4 cup of butter
- 2 cups of flour
- 2 1/2 cups of light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 180g of white chocolate (good quality, chopped)
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 3/4 cup of glace cherries (chopped)
- 3/4 cup of almond slivers
- 1/2 tablespoon of vanilla
- 1/3 cup of cherry jam/jelly
- 3 extra-large eggs
Optional: 1/4 cup of white chocolate (melted, to drizzle)
How to Prepare
- First, you will need to pre-heat your oven to 550 degrees Fahrenheit and then line a 20 by 30 by 4 cm oven dish with baking paper.
- After doing that, you will need to put the sugar and butter and a small saucepan and then heat while stirring until the butter has melted completely and then remove it and set it aside. You do not need to wait for the sugar to dissolve.
- Next, you will need to sift the flour, salt and baking powder together and then add in the butter and sugar mixture and mix until it becomes very lumpy.
- Take the white chocolate, cherries and almonds and then add them to the mixture and then stir through.
- After that, you will need to whisk together the vanilla and eggs and then stir into the batter that you just made. Mix them until they are combined very well and then pour into the prepared oven dish.
- Put dollops of the jam or jelly on top of the batter and then allow it to bake for about 40 to 45 minutes.
- After that, remove the dish from oven and allow it to cool completely.
Note: If you use melted white chocolate, slice the blondies into bars and then drizzle the chocolate on top.
You definitely want to give this blondies a try if you like getting creative in the kitchen. When you try them once, you will be trying them again because they are very delicious. They are very easy to prepare, so you do not need to be a professional chef to try them. The recipes uses ingredients that are readily available.